Borro

Borro is a huge company in the UK specialising in asset-backed finance and secured lending. The firm is based in Chancery Lane, in the heart of London. Whilst they offer a number of financial products and have funded 10,000 loans since they were established in 2011, they are always secured on some form of collateral such as a vehicle, jewellery, art or in this case, property.

In terms of bridging finance, they offer loans ranging from £100,000 to £5 million that are repaid over 12 months, with no fees if you wish to exit early. However, when it comes to the end of your loan term, you cannot extend or re-bridge your existing loan.

 

Minimum Age
18
Loan Value Available
£100,000 - £5 Million
Loan Length
Up to 12 months
Typical Time to Fund
10 days or less
Interest Rates
Typically 1% per month
Credit Check
Yes
Other Information
No exit fees, no extensions, 75% LTV (first charge) and 65% (second charge)
FCA License Number
735009
  • Direct
    Lender
  • FCA
    Authorised
  • Secured
    Loan

Get a Quote

Bridging
Loan Hub

5 Prospect Close
Bushey,
Hertfordshire,
WD23 4AB
London

Opening Hours

Monday to Friday
9:00 am to 18:00 pm

e: sales@bridgingloanhub.co.uk

Call us today 0333 414 1491

What Properties Can Borro Fund?

Borro state that they can help provide bridging finance for residential and buy-to-let properties. This means that you can use their source of finance in order to develop or refurbishment and existing property that is going to be used as residence for homeowners and tenants in the future. The other type of properties are assessed by Borro on a case-by-case basis, this includes refurbishment projects, commercial projects and semi-completed projects – in case you want to carry on with a job that has had some prior development work. Borro will not, however, help you fund the purchase of an empty plot of land.

What Are The Terms Of The Agreement?

Applicants can borrow between £100,000 and £5 million and the loan will always be secured on the property in question. Borro emphasise the speed at which they can process the application and transfer funds, with the aim to submit your drawdown in less than 10 days (although some regulated activity will require a 7-day cooling off period).

The maximum loan-to-value on a first charge loan is 75% meaning that you will be required to come up with the remaining 25% towards your project. This however, is the maximum and will only be subject to credit and affordability checks and the opportunity that you have proposed. Depending on this, you may be eligible for lower loan-to-value options. For a second charge, the maximum LTV is 65% to reflect the extra risk involved because it is the second place that you are going to be prioritising when it comes to monthly repayments.

Borro pride themselves on not charging any exit fees so if you find that you are in a position to clear your account before the maximum loan term of 12 months, you can do so and incur no further changes. Their monthly interest rates start at a little under 1% and never more than 2% per month, which is a competitive rate in the bridging industry.

How Does The Application With Borro Work?

The process begins with filling in the enquiry form above and someone from our team will contact you immediately to get a better idea of your project and financial requirements. Provided that you meet the initial criteria, you will be given an Agreement in Principle form from Borro which states the terms of their loan and requires you to sign it and complete information about your development project.

Borro will arrange a valuation of your proposed property within 72 hours and this will be carried out by one of their RICS qualified surveyors that they work with. If the surveyor is happy with the valuation and sees the potential, your further documentation will be reviewed by Borro. Assuming that you meet all the checks, you can confirm the documentation with your solicitor and sign it, ready for funding. Your finance can be transferred and available within a matter of days. See the full process below:

Borro Company Information

Address: Chancery House, 53-64 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1QU

Countries they operate: England, Scotland and Wales.

Associations: ASTL

Company no: 07407992

FCA authorisation number: 735009